Monday, November 2, 2009

Cycle 5

Megan- Tell A Story.

Once upon a time there was a little boy named Christian. He loved soccer and he never went anywhere without his soccer ball. He had grown up around this sport all of his life and his family knew he was destined to do great things in the sport. He moved from California when he was in the 6th grade to a small town called Mt. Sterling, Kentucky. He had some family down here but his father stayed in Los Angeles. He went out for the soccer team at McNabb and was immediately the star player. He continued in the spot light for years. He was starting varsity as a sophomore. He led his team in goals and set many records. The new school record (because of him) is 6 goals per game. Schools like UK, Union, Cumberland, and even UCLA were looking for him to come play for them, and he ends up going pro.


Christian- Soccer Season.

My senior soccer season turned out just as I expected. I always had high expectations for my team but I never knew for us to go as far as we did. We ended up going to sub-sectionals and the sectional games for the first time in 16 years. I am very proud to say that I was apart of this and led my team to this victory. Although we were wanting to end up going to state, we were happy with our accomplishment. I wish the rest of team that I'm leaving behind the best of luck while I go on to play soccer in college.


Olivia- Magna Carta.

There are a lot of similarities between the Magna Carta and the U.S. Consitution. First, the Magna Carta was many years before the U.S. Constitution. In 1215, In England, this document was drawn up and the King was forced to sign it. When the United States came together, they drew from the Magna Carta different rights. Both of these documents limit the power of legal forces and make it equal for normal people. These rights included: The right of jury trial, protection of private property, limits on taxation, and some religious freedoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment