Sunday, September 20, 2009

Journal Entry: Cycle 3

The Weekend- Megan Collier

This weekend was a little crazy for all of us (minus two of our members.) Friday night, we had a girl's night. Lindsey, Olivia, and I went to Lexington to eat and watch a movie at The Movie Tavern. Then, later that night- we went to Ben Tuttle's where we enjoyed sitting in the hot tub and hanging out with his family. We love going out there during the weekends to hang with Suzanne and BT, along with our friends of course. Then, on Saturday- Lindsey and I woke up early to go to Lexington. There, we met Olivia and Lisa to look for Homecoming outfits. Afterward, we headed out to Ben's house again. We stayed from about 9 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. We had a lot of fun! Our weekends are getting better and better.


Senior Year- Olivia Skeens

It's now senior year and I would have never expected to not be cheering, considering I have cheered since I was in the 6th grade at McNabb Middle School. I enjoyed cheering all the way up until this year. It had become too stressful and I was just looking forward to the last hang outs with the people I have grown up with. Surprisingly, I don't miss it at all. The games weren't very fun anymore, and having to deal with the younger girls wasn't really putting me in the best mood. It was fun while I was the youngest one, but not very fun putting up with the immaturity levels of the new girls. So now, I'm just kicking back and enjoying the rest of what's left of my high school career.

Historical Movie- Tyler Murphy

Glory Road was about the intigration of college basketball. Texas Tech's coach went and found some of the best black basketball players to win a championship and prove a point to the country. This was a start to the movement of letting whites and blacks work together and show the country that racism wasn't worth it anymore. It's a historical movement because it tells the story of how this coach made the different races intertwine to work toward a goal.

1 comment:

  1. Megan: Sounds like the days I used to love so much. Sniff Sniff. There's nothing better than having nothing to do...and then doing that with friends. Enjoy it before June sweet thing 'cause once you throw that cap, friends have a way of slipping away.

    Liv: I can totally relate to what you're saying. I quit the golf team my senior year, and though I thought I'd miss it terribly, just 'being' was so amazing. Enjoy it, girl. It will fly. Can you believe it's October already?

    Tyler: LOVE LOVE LOVE that movie. I actually use it to teach and will be showing it in three weeks. Stop by around mid-term and watch it with us. You have your picks: 4th, 5th, or 7th periods. ;) Bring popcorn.

    ReplyDelete